Monday, 24 November 2014

The Creature - initial sketches and final piece

So I was asked to create a creature based on three other creatures, a really cool idea but I do think I jumped in far to quickly with my choice of creatures.

Apologies for the quality of the photos, I really do need to find a better way of photographing the drawings, they are a tad blurry and you don't really get the subtle tones of the pencil work. I will upload further iterations, and a series of scans if they come out any better.

Final pencils for Ayestaff Stork

I have also started working on the skeleton and musculature, but do need to spend more time researching the way I can bring together the dog skeleton with the upright Aye Aye skeleton convincingly. I will be doing a full colour version that I hope to paint oil on board, no digital on thi bad boy!
Initial Skeleton work for the Ayestaff Stork, Pencil on super thin layout paper



















No comments:

Post a Comment